Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I love Christmas time!  Not only do I get 2 blissful weeks off (I love my job, I love my job!) but I also get to shop (one of my fav activities) and make all kinds of cool,crafty stuff!  My house is pretty small, and I made sure to decorate every square inch! EVERY SQUARE INCH :)


I love this little tree!!!


I made this for my mom's birthday...I adapted the rolled paper idea from the tree project I got from Pinterest, and I was really happy with the results!

Ribbon wrapped letters and dowel, and a simple clay pot. Joyful!

My favorite jar project.  I made these with my students at school, except we did "joy". The kiddos loved doing these and I will do them next year for sure!n




 
Again...I found this idea on Pinterest...but instead of glitter balls, I used left over ornaments.  I did all three windows in my family room.


This little houses were so fun to make!  I literally threw my back out making these houses-I remember when I used to party all night and now I am an old lady who crafts paper houses...and even sadder, I think I am ok with that.
I love how each reindeer is different.  When I began teaching, 11 years ago, I gave them a template, and was pleased to death when they were all EXACTLY the same...but with time and experience, I have come to appreciate and enjoy all the variations that can come from one idea!

I have made this reindeer head pretty much every year that I have taught, and hung it from a string hanger.   It is very simple, with a red glitter nose.  This year, I saw this idea posted on Pinterest to make a reindeer stable...it came out so cute!  The kiddos loved it.  The lights underneath were also a Pinterest find, each bulb has a letter in their name and I connected each of them to make a strand.

Broken record alert....I got this idea from Pinterest.  I purchased these cute appetizer plates to hold these inspirational saying rocks.  I gave these to a few good friends as a small gift for Christmas.  I researched different sayings for different people and tried to make it as personal to them as I could.

This wreath was fairly easy to make, and also pretty quick!  I found super awesome wreath forms at The Dollar Store, and cut different lengths of Christmas fabric ribbons.  Then, I simply tied knots to fasten the fabric around the wreath.  I also gave these as gifts, and it was a good one to ship, as it is very light, therefore=cheaper shipping!

Sorry for the blur effect...My classroom door...I had many more grand plans to add to the door, but alas, never got to them!  I still loved it :)

Christmas was wonderful this year.  I was fortunate to have all of my family healthy, happy, and close enough to hug.  I did a bunch of crafting throughout my break, on Christmas presents, and with one of the kiddos I tutor.  She came over and we crafted ornaments-they came out so great-I should have taken a picture!  Next year, I am going to start earlier, so that I can make even more ornaments, decorations, and gifts.

Craftastically,

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment