Saturday, January 21, 2012

Traveling Back Again- Fabulous Fall!

This is the door to my classroom, and it was the first fall decoration I did this season. I saw this on Pinterest and I couldn't resist!  I loved it, it was actually really easy to make, and the kiddos really loved it!
I love fall!  Everything about it is awesome: sweaters, crunchy leaves,cooler weather, Thanksgiving, my students are finally starting to get into the routine, and I love to decorate for the change of each season... 


My super awesome, adorable God-daughter, Paige and I last summer. This frame was super cheap and easy....two of my favorite words associated with crafting. 
 
 
Will and I went for a quick trip to Long Beach,California this summer and we stayed at this cute, little boutique hotel.  The decor was really fun, and original.  There was a painting, done in shades of blues, that said "Count Your Blessings" and I fell in love with it!  I decided that Thanksgiving/Fall is a great time for a painting about blessings, and bam! I made this! (please excuse the poor quality photo, I fired my photographer)


Again, a poor quality photo, but this project was fun, easy, and cheap as well.  Small red pots, filled with festive fall "berries", and the F A L L letters.  I wrapped the dowel rods with brown ribbon, and attached them to the back of each letter.

 
Another Pinterest find!  I saw it originally with the word "Welcome" on it, and I decided to do it with fall colors: red, brown, and orange. These jars come out so beautifully, and are so easy to make.  I put a few tablespoons of paint in the bottom of the jar, a teaspoon of water, and put the lid on tight.  Then it was time for the shakedown...who needs a Shake Weight?  The jars get coated very quickly and are dry pretty fast.  Next, I affixed a ribbon to each, and lastly wrote a letter on each jar with a Sharpie marker. Love, love, love this!

Need an awesome frame?  Well, stalk the Target clearance aisles, find an affordable frame such as the one above, and get some great wire ribbon!  Presto...chango...a little hot glue here and there-and there you go! The cutest little frame!


I made this beautiful arrangement for a friend, and I was really happy with the outcome...this ribbon was so beautiful, I wished I had gotten more than one roll.

Fall was wonderful, and I was busy getting ready for Christmas decorations and gifts...I have more ideas for next year that I can't wait to try!

T.T.F.N,
Natalie




No comments:

Post a Comment