Saturday, January 21, 2012

Time Travel-Fall/Halloween 2011

Halloween was so much fun to decorate for!  I think I had the best ideas/crafts of my year for Halloween.....many of my ideas came from Pinterest, but many of them were from my very own, twisted, little brain...let's begin with the front porch, shall we?


At night! So spooky!



This was such a blast to put together.  The pumpkins are craft pumpkins from Michael's and are crafted with ribbon, paint, and sparkly rhinestone gems.  I cut bats out of scrapbook paper and hung them with invisible thread, and hand painted the plant signs, door sign, and skeleton picture.

                                
Next up, are all of the crafts I made for my house and some friends' houses for October!


I originally made this BOO for my BFF JJVG, but I loved it so much that I couldn't part with it, but I promised to make her one for Halloween next year.  This pic was taken in my messy craft room, but hopefully you can see through the chaos.


This came from Pinterest as well.  I found these spooky, glittery, branches at Michael's. I picked out black, orange, and white patterned scrapbook paper, and cut them into leaves.  I then glued them to the tree.  The jar is a simple Mason jar, filled with candy corn and a black and orange ribbon.  I sent this to my BFF Gina, and she had to keep putting the jar higher and higher because her son kept eating the "decorative" corn :)

 
Franky-stein
I made this for one of my best friends, Gina, and her family.
Girly-Boo!
Skeleton canvas with orange ribbon hanger
I love this craft!  I saw this on Pinterest, and I have tweaked it for every holiday....change out the ribbon and boooo-ya-a new seasonal craft!
My mom gave me this cigar box and I painted it, and covered it in ribbons :) Then I re purposed some blocks that were being thrown out at school, and tadaaaaa- a Halloween decoration for very cheap!




I have made a version of this witch with my kiddos at school since I began teaching.  I call it my triangle witch...I just love the striped tights!

I did not want to take down my Halloween decorations, they were definitely so fun to make!  It was fun to see the trick or treaters enjoy the porch!  I am already gathering ideas for next year!

Yours in crafts!
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment